Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Persevering

After my initial excitement of posting my first blog...discouragement! I tried to respond to the blogs of some of our Learning 2.0 members, but I was repeatedly told that my password was invalid! I found the piece of paper where I had written my password and confirmed that I had the right password. I tried over and over, repeatedly, to no avail. I emailed Mary and planned to see her today in the Library so she could help me, but then I didn't get a chance to get over there. Tonight...success! It turns out that I was entering the wrong user name, not the wrong password. Technology is simultaneously discouraging, frustrating, interesting, captivating...

6 comments:

Knowledge Nomad said...

Hear you on the frustration point! I could not figure out how to embed a hyperlink within a comment to your earlier post. And, I don't seem to have the option of leaving a comment using my WordPress blog account. Not sure what's up with that.

JLCashion said...

Well, that makes me feel better. I thought you librarians had all the answers!

McMillan said...

I am glad to hear that your problem was solved. Learning anything new can at times be frustrating, especially in the technological realm where it can be difficult to determine whether the issue is with the software itself or is an operator error. Luckily in this program, we can all work together to solve any problems we encounter.

jcarbone said...

I thought librarians had all the answers, too! I guess they're allowed an off day! ... Neat picture on the side, Joan. How'd you do that? Joanne

JLCashion said...

Regarding my picture of the flowers, I did that kind of accidentally, which is how I seem to be doing most of this. I feel kind of like...not blind, but definitely sight-impaired, kind of stumbling around in the dark. Anyway, I'll try to go back and figure out how I put the picture on there, and then I can explain it! I haven't done this week's assignment yet on Flickr (sp?), so maybe after I do I can put up more pictures!

Melissa Wong said...

I was just thinking about composing a post on the frustration of needing so many accounts and passwords -- it is hard to keep everything straight. I just created a Google account so that I could post comments to everyone's blogs (and I'll need it for a future "thing", I suspect). One more password....